It Must Be Marsden - Solution
The NHS England Review is an opportunity to build on the outstanding service already provided at The Royal Marsden at Sutton.
This could see a comprehensive specialist paediatric hospital at Sutton, supported by Prime Minister Boris Johnson’s announcement of Sutton as the preferred site for a major £500m investment.
We believe that a proposal which retains The Royal Marsden’s cancer expertise, life-saving research, modern facilities and accessible location for the population we serve will continue to provide the best clinical outcomes and patient experience.
- Retain the Outstanding quality of care and experience for current paediatric oncology services
- Maintain excellent access for children and families coming from London and South England
- Help further growth and allow for more research and access to clinical trials
- Increase the scale of paediatric services
- Maintain the specialist cancer workforce – The Royal Marsden at Sutton could continue to recruit and retain clinical and R&D staff
- Build on the £80m capital investment already made by The Royal Marsden and ICR at Sutton
We are urging NHS England to demonstrate that any proposed changes can provide a better service for children with cancer and their families.
It Must Be Marsden.