About The Campaign
It Must Be Marsden
The Royal Marsden NHS Foundation Trust was the first hospital in the world to be dedicated solely to the treatment of cancer. It is a world-leading specialist cancer hospital and is rated Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission.
Over the next few months, the NHS and the Government will decide whether The Royal Marsden at Sutton will continue to be the centre for children’s cancer services for South London and South England – or whether children’s cancer services should be moved elsewhere.
As a major funder of the specialist children’s service at The Royal Marsden, The Royal Marsden Cancer Charity has provided this website as a platform for donors, staff, patients and their families to have their voices heard.
Those who share their stories on here and who send letters to their MPs agree that children and young people with cancer, their parents and families, continue to receive the very best care and treatment from The Royal Marsden at Sutton from its kind, expert staff; and so that it can continue to conduct world-leading research that helps all those with cancer.
The specialist comprehensive children’s cancer service at The Royal Marsden at Sutton is world-leading:
- It ensures children and young people with cancer receive the best clinical outcomes, treatment, care, access and patient experience possible
- Inspection reports have repeatedly highlighted the excellence of the service – the Care Quality Commission in January 2020 said The Royal Marsden is a “beacon of Outstanding practice”
- The impact of its research, with the Institute of Cancer Research, is ranked third in the world
- It is the biggest recruiter to children’s cancer drug trials in the UK
- It is accessible for patients and their families from London and the South of England – almost two-thirds of patients come from Kent, Surrey and Sussex